Banner Ad

Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken Salad is whats for lunch!

I love some chicken salad! When my husband was first diagnosed with celiac disease I thought we would be left with NOTHING to eat! I was SO wrong! In our house we are dairy free, gluten free and tomato free.   



I thought chicken salad was out of the question because I was unsure of whether mayo would be gluten free! I have found that Spectrum Organic Mayo IS gluten free! I have read on the celiac forums that other brands are gluten free but I have not tried them and can NOT promise for sure that they are in fact gluten free. I will try them in the future and update you all with what we find out. The ones they say are gluten free are: Duke's Mayo, Hellman's Mayo, and Kraft Mayo. If any of you have actually tried these or verified that they are gluten free please leave a comment below letting us know! : D



 

We have found that the chicken salad has been easy on my husbands stomach. Its also great protein! 
We keep ours simple but chicken salad options are endless! 

We do shredded chicken (roasting a whole chicken and deboning is MUCH cheaper)
green grapes, quartered
chopped celery 
spectrum Organic Mayo
Sea Salt 



I put mine on bread because I love a chicken salad sandwich! With that said I did not want many carbs and with the mayo being high in fat...I only used 1 piece of bread and ate it with a fork! :) 

One last look!

 

Would you like the recipe to the Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Multi Grain bread I made for this sandwich? Then Click Below! 




1 comment:

  1. please facebook like my blog www.avimovies.blogspot.com
    and sahre my blog using share buttons

    ReplyDelete