Banner Ad

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Flour Muffins

I made some very yummy blueberry almond flour muffins today! Thank you to the Gluten Free Goddess! I used her recipe and for the first time since going gluten free we are enjoying MUFFINS!!! YUM! (click gluten free goddess above for the original recipe!



The only thing I did differently - I did NOT have the vanilla powder so I exchanged it for vanilla extract. I also added 1/4tsp MORE xanthan gum to make up for the extra liquid.

Some suggestions I have and will try out in the future -

Grated lemon peel in mixed with the blueberries.
dash of fresh grated nutmeg
cinnamon

You could do any of those, all of those or something completely different! I just think it would add a little more flavor. With that said, these were good all by themselves.

Now for whatever reason I needed to cook them for an extra 10 mins. It was too doughy for me @ 25mins.

1 comment: