Banner Ad

Monday, June 27, 2011

Multi Grain GF Bread! YUM!

So I have tried several bread recipes and I will continue to try more. I made a delicious Whole Grain bread yesterday. It has a nice flavor that goes great for sandwiches. Its not sweet like some GF breads I have tried!


Excuse the low quality pics. I snapped them with my cell phone. :)


 

So here is the recipe that I tried! 

Oh and I used my Breadman Bread Machine. I used a Gluten Free cycle. Mine is set at a 1.5lb loaf and Medium Crust. It goes for about 1:19 mins. Once my machine stops I add 15mins on Bake Only to finish baking. Otherwise the inside is too doughy to me! 


Proof your yeast first! 
2 1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast. You can also use rapid rise or instant yeast I believe. I buy the actual Bread machine yeast. Mix the yeast with 1 1/4 cup of warm water and 1/8 tsp of raw organic sugar.

Dry Ingredients (In separate bowl)

2/3 cups Sorghum Flour 
1/3 cup of buckwheat Flour 
1/2 cup Millet Flour 
1 cup Potato Starch 
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
Ener G Egg replacer for 2 eggs
(mix these together with a whisk to ensure it is mixed well)

Wet ingredients (pour directly into bread machine)
Proofed Yeast 
4 TBL EVOO
3 TBL Raw Agave Nectar 
1/2 tsp rice vinegar 


Ok so in your bread machine you will pour in your proofed yeast, then your other wet ingredients, then pour all of your dry ingredients (already mixed) on top of the wet ingredients. 

Set your machine like I said above and Once the machine is done with the Kneading process before the rising process, you will remove the paddle! If not it will be INSIDE your bread when its done. 

**Every bread machine is different and may cook things shorter, longer, just differently! So if the bread does not look done enough - set your bake only for additional bake time! I had to do 15mins as suggested above.  You may have to use your own judgement on that. **

Please let me know if you have any questions! I really hope you try this. It is good for gluten free but delicious enough for everyone! 



You could make this even healthier by adding seeds like flax, caraway, chia, hemp seeds etc. It will change the flavor and texture but I think this bread can be versatile! I would try it the original way first and then add to it as you see fit. :) 


***If you do NOT have a Bread machine - LOOK HERE!!!***

Preheat oven to 350.

You will mix your dry ingredients in one bowl, your wet ingredients in another bowl. In your mixer add you dry ingredients, then your yeast (proofed - should look foamy), then slowly add in your wet ingredients. Do NOT over mix or it will cause the yeast to not rise correctly. 

It will look like batter more than dough! That is normal for gluten free bread!  Then you will pour it into your 1.5lb loaf pan.  cover the bread pan with a cool damp towel and let bread rise for 20 mins in a warm spot. I put on top of a preheated oven (stove top). 

Once bread is done rising you can bake it for 30-45 mins. Every stove varies. You should be able to tap the top of the bread and it sound slightly hollow. If you feel its not done enough...add 5 mins at a time to ensure you dont burn it! :)


If you give it a try PLEASE come back and let me know what you thought! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment