Banner Ad

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My First Yeast Dinner Rolls!

MMmmmm....Dinner Rolls!




I am not a huge fan of bread but I do like it from time to time. So when I do eat it... I would like for it to be GOOD! I knew Easter was going to be a challenge b/c for the first time we were doing as much gluten free as we could. So I decided to try my hand at gluten free rolls! I wanted to have bread on the table that I knew we could eat.

I searched and searched for a good recipe. I was looking for a certain thing and I was not finding it....AND then...I found it! The recipe I was hoping for! haha. I was super excited to try these. I then realized...I did NOT have the SWEET rice flour. I had to find a substitution and quick. So I decided to go with Tapioca Starch.
Here is the link to the original recipe! This was from The Art of Gluten-Free Baking.

First I made the recommended All Purpose Flour recipe. This is were I had to make the substitution for tapioca starch versus sweet rice flour!


1 1/4 C brown rice flour
1 1/4 C  white rice flour
1 C  tapioca flour
1 C tapioca starch
2 tsp. xanthan gum


I did have some left over and I stored it in a glass jar in my pantry.


These are the ingredients to the Rolls from The Art of Gluten-Free Baking.

Ingredients I used

3 C Jeanne’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix
2 tsp xanthan gum
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 C sugar
2 TBL active dry yeast (see pic below for the one I used)
2 C  warm vanilla Almond Milk
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar with "Mothers"
2 large brown organic eggs
1/4 C EVOO

This is how I made the rolls


I sprayed the muffin tins with EVOO (It had a good flavor but I would like to try it with coconut oil next time and tapioca flour...Might give it a hint of sweetness). The EVOO did cause my rolls to be darker.
I also did not flour my muffin tin.


In a small bowl, I mixed together  1 tbl spoon of  raw sugar into the warm Vanilla Almond Milk. Then I added the yeast stir and set aside.


 

In a medium bowl, I mixed the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, the remaining raw sugar, and sea salt.

I mixed together the organic brown eggs, apple cider vinegar and EVOO into my Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment. Then I added the yeast mixture. Once that is all mixed you will add flour mixture slowly, beat on low for one minute and high for 3 minutes.


Now it is ready for the pan!☺

Then I spooned the dough into the muffin tins and put on top of the stove to rise for about 40-45 minutes.

Baked in oven at 375 (let preheat first) for about 30 minutes. Because of the EVOO it got brown much faster. If you try my way then please set it for 30 and then check it. You can always reset the timer.☺

This was MY finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment