Banner Ad

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sautee Chicken with Sage Browned Butter

So I found a recipe and wanted to try it....It called for all purpose flour and I decided that was not going to stop me! I used rice flour BUT I think it needed a little bit of a hearty flour. I have not tried most of my flours yet but it did do just fine with the rice flour!

Here is the recipe I found and gave a try - 

Sautéed Chicken with Sage Browned Butter

Sautéed Chicken with Sage Browned Butter 
Photo by: Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr


This recipe was found Here

This is how I did the recipe:

Ingredients I used: 
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • EVOO
  • 1/2 cup Rice Flour
  • 4 tablespoons butter (I added a tbl spoon more of butter)
  • 4 sage sprigs (I added 2 more sage sprigs)
  • 1 tablespoon minced shallots
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Fresh sage leaves (optional) *did NOT use this**

I purchased Hormone free, no antibiotic, cage free chicken. You can get full breast and cut them so that they are thin or you can pound them between plastic or parchment paper to thin them. I however purchased mine already thin so that I could cut my prep time! :) 

Salt and pepper (we did not use pepper) your chicken and then dredge your chicken in the gluten free flour that you choose (mine was rice flour). 

Place the chicken in an oiled skillet. I used EVOO. Cook until both sides are browned. (I found that it was a little tough but I think by adding a lid to the skillet, you may be able to hold the moisture better in the chicken). 

While that is cooking prepare the ingredients for the sauce by chopping the shallots and thyme. Cut the lemon in half and get out the butter and sage. 

Once the chicken is cooked and browned, remove from pan. In the same pan add your gluten free butter and sage springs. Cook until butter begins to brown. Then remove your sage, add your shallots and thyme. After about 30 seconds add the lemon juice. Then add the chicken BACK to the pan. 

You are only adding the chicken back to the pan to cover it in the sauce. No cooking left so turn the pan off and then plate the chicken! Add spooned additional sauce over the chicken. 

We did green beans but this would have been fabulous with rice!!!

My Green Beans! We like them soft. Mostly b/c we have always used canned until recently!

 

I purchased frozen french style green beans from Trader Joes! They were a GREAT price the day I went and so I bought several. You can find frozen green beans in the frozen section of your local store as well! 
Place your green beans in a pot and remember that they do look like there is more when they are frozen than we they are fully cooked so you may want to add a little more to the pot! 

Next cover the green beans with your favorite chicken broth. We use Kroger brand chicken broth b/c it is Gluten Free and says so on the box. Also, it is under $2! 

Then you will add garlic powder to the pot. Sometimes I also add Onion powder. I would say to my pot I added about 3tbl of garlic powder. No onion powder this time. 

You do NOT need to add salt! Most chicken broth has enough salt and adding salt will make them TOO salty! I made this mistake once! lol

Please leave your thoughts below! If you try the recipe, please let me know what you think!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment