Banner Ad

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beginning our Gluten Free Journey!

This is my first post in my new blog! I am excited to share any and all info and tips I find helpful in my journey to a gluten free life!


Just a little background on us.....My husband, Jake, was sick for 7.5 years and with MANY MANY visits in out of doctors offices and hospitals he was diagnosed with cyclic vomiting syndrome. They treated this like it was the disease and we refused to accept that! Well. recently he got much worse and was very ill. He was finally diagnosed with a REAL disease! He has Celiac Disease which we now know is an auto-immune disease. His body can not handle gluten. If he ingest gluten then it will cause damage to his intestines every time! This is a LIFE long change and though it will not be easy...We look forward to helping him get better and hopefully stay better.
As of right now he has a severe intestinal infection, a failing pancreas and colitis among many other deficiencies and the inability to really eat. He has lost down from 210lbs to 188lbs in less than a month from his body not absorbing nutrition properly and also from constant daily vomiting.  We will be working very hard to clear the house of all things gluten and hopefully get him back on track!

I look forward to updating you!

No comments:

Post a Comment