Banner Ad

Thursday, April 14, 2011

GF Nacho Night

So my kiddos wanted Nachos for dinner and suddenly I thought....what cheese do I buy??? I was super lost! We are trying to limit dairy due to me and my husband having issues with it BUT in small doses we are fine. If you are Dairy free then this would not work for you!

I forgot to take a picture unfortunately BUT I will share with you what we had! :)

I bought Kroger brand Tortilla Chips. They say Gluten Free right on the bag! (Kroger actually has several chips that are gluten free!)



I used Ground Turkey Breast for our meat and seasoned it myself b/c most of the packets I looked at contained wheat flour. I browned my meat first then I added the seasonings and about 1/2 cup of water. I cooked the water down and then it was DONE! :)

So to season my meat I used:

Organic Sea Salt
Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Red Pepper
(if you like the thicker seasoning like the packets, you could add a thickening agent to your water and seasonings....personally we like it without)

Our Cheese Sauce Recipe:

I put EVOO in the skillet with Sweet White Rice Flour to create a rue. I then added Original Rice Milk and seasonings (Garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, red pepper, and Organic sea salt). Then you will add your cubed Boars Head (all Boars Head Meats and Cheeses are Gluten Free) Cheddar Cheese and whisk until it melts and becomes a cheese sauce. you may need to add more Rice Milk to keep the cheese from sticking while its melting.


Then you put it all together! There are endless options to Nachos!
Optional Toppings:
Tomatoes
Jalapenos
lettuce
beans
avocado
onions
and so much more!

Want a little more info on Boars Head Meats and Cheese? Click Here!
***Be sure to ask the deli person if they have a DEDICATED slicer? If you get your meat from the deli it could be cross contaminated BUT the ones packaged by Boars Head are safe. **** CLICK HERE for more info on Kroger Brand GLUTEN Free info and products! (good information)

No comments:

Post a Comment