Banner Ad

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Breadcrumbs!




I have to drive at least 20 minutes to a Whole foods to find bread crumbs! I figured there HAD to be a better way!
In my house we RARELY eat the end pieces of our loaves of bread. So...I kept all of them! I placed those pieces on a baking sheet.



Bake at 250 for about 15-20 minutes. At a low temp it will just dry out the bread mostly versus browning the bread. Once the bread is dry and crisp, then you will break the pieces into a blender or food processor and pulse!



This will create breadcrumbs.



I then placed mine in a bag, labeled it and placed it in the freezer. You can season your breadcrumbs before freezing if you would like BUT I personally like to season mine as I cook.



Voila! Gluten Free Breadcrumbs! These were made with UDI bread but now that I bake my own bread....I will be using my bread crumbs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment